[Coco] LIF util for OS-9?

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Thu Nov 3 11:09:44 EDT 2011

On 11/03/2011 01:17 AM, Willard Goosey wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 10:06:31PM -0500, Joel Ewy wrote:
>
>> P-System like the Pascal intermediate code system?  I used that on the
>> Apple 2 for a class I took in high school, and I think it was also
>> implemented on the Sage, a 68000-based system I used a little in
>> college.  I think I still have my Apple P-System floppy disk.  Wasn't
>> the intermediate code supposed to work cross-platform, something like a
>> proto-JVM?
> Yep.  I know there was a P-system for Z80, as well. I've wondered a
> couple of times if the OS-9 Pascal compiler's P-code is the same, but
> never knew even where I'd start looking.
>
> Willard
I remember thinking that it wasn't meant to be compatible, but I could
be wrong about that.  I guess one could write a program on one system
and try to get the intermediate code to run on the other.  The OS-9
Pascal manual does not mention interoperability as one of the advantages
of compiling to P-Code.

JCE