[Coco] LIF util for OS-9?

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 17:14:40 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011, Willard Goosey wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 07:34:35AM -0400, Steven Hirsch wrote:
>> My old HP64000 development system used that format for its diskettes.
>> Anyone remember those beasts?
>
> I've GOT one!
>
> Mine is very stripped down, unfortunately.  I just have the mainframe.
> No hard drives or hardware emulators.  And that beast really wants to
> run off a hard drive.  Still there is now hope, because the HPDRIVE
> project makes an NT box emulate a hard drive and apparently works with
> the 64K.
>
> And yes, it is a beast!  I desire to own no computer I can't lift, and
> the 64000 is pushing that boundry. :-)

Heh.  At one point, I had three of them and two of the monster hard
drives.  When space got tight, things had to go.

I never was able to find out much of anything about the CPU.  I think it
said Intersil on it, but otherwise seemed proprietary to the 64000.  It
went with a large plastic storage bin full of memory boards, I/O, EPROM
burner, you name it.  The guy who picked it up filled a van :-).

Steve