[Coco] LIF util for OS-9?

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 08:19:39 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011, Mark Marlette wrote:

> Yep, we had them at work. Great in their day!!!!

About 15 years ago, someone gave me a complete system with two shelves
worth of documentation binders.  I even had the IEEE-488 interface printer
that took two men and a boy to lift :-).

The 5MB hard disk drive was a floor-standing unit on wheels. It was the
size of a small high-efficiency boiler and weighed almost as much.  Come
to think of it, it sounded like the boiler as well!

It came with cross-assemblers and Pascal cross-compilers for every
70s-early-80s microprocessor under the sun.  Unfortunately, I had
emulation pods only for 8080 and 8086.

About four years ago, the wife said it had to go :-(.  In truth, I haven't
missed it much.  There are cross-tools available for Linux (although I
don't think any of them cover the Fairchild F8!) and my little Digiview
18ch USB logic analyzer far exceeds the specs of the HP.

Steve