[Coco] XLISP!!!!!

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Tue May 31 01:32:16 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 06:12:33AM +0100, Manny wrote:

> So far, it doesn't play by some of Common Lisp' rules, so it's not my
> bestest friend either...

It is definetely its own varient.

> I may be misunderstanding here, but (setq ...) is what I found works for
> assignment in xlisp.  The (+ x 1) doesn't assign anything to x, it merely
> returns what x + 1 is.

Yeah, my rant is that sometimes you have to say (setq var value) and
sometimes you have to say (set 'var value) and I can't figure out when
I have to use set and when I have to use setq, because if it wants one
the other won't work.

> This doesn't work for me.  :(

I think there's some complicated xlisp-specific thing there, but I'm not
grokking it.

Here's my first working function:
(defun first ()
    (list