[Coco] CPREP19B upload

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon May 30 05:48:35 EDT 2011

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 09:38:32PM -0700, Michael Furman wrote:

> Someone disassembled the Microware OS-9 C compiler and translated it
>from 6809 to C.  The source was sent anonymously to Boisy and has been
>offered on this list at least once  before.  The source can be built on
>Linux and Mac and results in a complete cross compiler for OS-9.

> The cpp included with this package is in a "cprep19" directory, and I
>have confirmed that at least one of the bugs you are working on exists
>there.  I don't know if this is the same source you are working with or
>not.

Then it's probably the same as the source I "inherited" unless there's
some patches to make it compile under a modern compiler.

> So i am checking the bugs you are working on and the fixes against
>this alternate source.  So far it all checks out.

Once the newlines have been converted, diff might be a good tool to use
there.

> I think we should probably stick this source in the nitros9 or
>toolshed trees.  We'll need to have a discussion of any licensing and
>copyright issues before doing this.

Yeah, what license, if any, does this cross-compiler have?

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard