[Coco] cprep19 __FILE__ fix?

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed May 25 00:32:09 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, May 25, 2011 12:14:02 AM Willard Goosey did opine:

> It was pretty easy to add quotes around the strings returned by
> __FILE__, __TIME__, and __DATE__.
>
> Gene had fixed __FILE__ in cprep22, but not TIME or DATE.  I haven't
> migrated my fixes to cprep22 yet.
>
> So, I'm not sure what's next.  Should I just send this stuff back to
> Gene and let him distribute it or what?
>
> Willard

If you have fixes, by all means publish them by whatever means is best for
you, Willard.  Yes, I worked on it some, enough to scratch my itch close to
20 years ago now, but other than preaching that 19 blows the OEM version
plumb into the next drainage, I don't consider it to be _my_ baby.

Frankly, I am surprised it hasn't needed its diaper changed long before
now.

So with that, the "maintainer" flag for c.prep gets handed to Willard.

OTOH, if you want to do those fixes, but don't have a handy server, smunch
it up with ar2.0 or lha-2.0.x(whatever the last version was) (don't forget
to update the README to reflect your work) and mail it back & I'll put it
on my web page, which will be up till I fall over or they outlaw the
internet.

Actually, duplication is insurance, so put a copy on maltedmedia too, that
way if I get run over by a bus, its still available.

I am glad that someone is showing an interest in improving our C toolchain.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)