[Coco] os9 zmachine help?

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon May 23 20:28:43 EDT 2011

On Monday, May 23, 2011 08:21:31 PM Willard Goosey did opine:

> On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 10:02:11PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> > I don't believe that is an Ansifront limit, that sounds like you are
> > using the original c.prep.
>
> OK, you got me this time, Gene. :-)  According to the Ansifront 0.12
> docs, ansifront has 9-10K of stack, and I interpeted this as the
> filesize it could handle.
>
> Any advice on how big a file it can actually handle?
>
> Willard

No solid clue Willard.  With 9 or 10k of stack for storing variables &
tokens, I would expect it to be able to handle 4-8 times that in src code.
I gave me zero problems when I was building rzsz-3.36 several times a day
testing ideas, and the merged files to build either rz or sz are in the 36k
range.  I suppose one could just have it (cc) stop at the end of the
c.prep19 stage and see how big the c.prep output file actually is if we
wanted to argue about sizes.  FWIW, the original c.prep starts throwing
away data at about the 12k mark.  That is what I clued in on to make my
reply.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)