[Coco] Releasing the Source

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon May 23 09:54:33 EDT 2011

At 07:35 AM 5/23/2011, you wrote:
>Roger Taylor wrote:
>>This just in:  Hell freezes over.  :)
>>
>>While I'm trying to make a collection of ready-to-build sample projects
>>for the Phoenix IDE, I can't help but notice how many unfinished designs
>>I have.
>>
>><snip>  Jeweled,
>><snip>
>>So, in releasing the Phoenix IDE, I will release "the source" of most of
>>my CoCo creations.
>
>Roger,
>Regards Jeweled, does this game ever reach a conclusion? Since you
>made the full version available, I've reached level 30. All levels
>seemed about the same and if the game never stops, how do you
>compare success? Levels achieved, appear to be a combination of
>available time and some luck.
>While it has the same addictive properties of a good solitaire and
>the implementation is superb, it would be nice to be able to "win". :)

Jeweled is a time passer.  The game can and will eventually have no
matching jewels if you aren't careful.  If you clear jewels at the
bottom first and pay less attention to the top, you can play forever
and just go to beat your last high score.  That's about it... simple
and fun.  If it was popular enough I was going to make a second
version that had the puzzles in it, but too much is on the plate
right now.  With the source, somebody else will probably expand on
the game or take advantage of the sound and sprite routines in another game.

--
~ Roger Taylor