[Coco] Releasing the Source

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun May 22 22:24:10 EDT 2011

This just in:  Hell freezes over.  :)

While I'm trying to make a collection of ready-to-build sample
projects for the Phoenix IDE, I can't help but notice how many
unfinished designs I have.

There will be nothing better than to package each project in the IDE
installer so they are ready to load and build.  I've set up some
already to build and launch into VCC in "one click" as I keep saying.  :)

Net-Mate deserves to be released.  This is a 16-color ANSI-BBS
terminal I wrote and USED for years during the BBS days.  It's how I
uploaded most of my games to BBSes in other states, at 300 baud!  It
can do 115200 bps using an RS-232 Pak or other 6551 based
pak.  Alien/4th Invasion plays but doesn't end or have any real goal
other than shooting for points.  It's unfinished.  It could be a good
starter for somebody to base a space game on.

I also plan to include the projects for most of my past stuff like
Pelieti, Spider-Hype and Spider-Hyper, CVOX (speech for Disk BASIC),
Pro-Arc, Projector-3, Mary and the Butterflies/Bees, CoCoNet,
Jeweled, Super-MAC, and lots of other projects I keep discovering in
my stash!.... all ready to build in one click.  This way you can go
in and make some changes if you want and release alternate versions
and call yourself a programmer!  :)

So, in releasing the Phoenix IDE, I will release "the source" of most
of my CoCo creations.

Is this worth $29?  Check out the demos of the IDE I post every few
days and decide before 1.0 comes out.  It will also have built-in
Vectrex, Atari, and other vintage console projects.

www.phoenixide.com

--
~ Roger Taylor