[Coco] ANSI "C" for CoCo OS-9 Was: "C" Compiler C_PREP19 errors or mine?

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun May 22 00:21:18 EDT 2011

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 06:56:54PM -0700, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:

> CC252, ANSIFront, C_PREP19 and perhaps C.Comp are parts of a work in
> progress to build a ANSI "C" Compiler for CoCo OS-9 that is no longer being
> worked on.

Sort of, I guess.  ANSIFront and C_PREP19 attempt to make ANSI C into
something that the K&R core compiler can handle.

C.Comp is the center piece of the Microware Level II compiler, which
was never licensed by Tandy.  It's exactly the same compiler as
c.pass1 and c.pass2, just in a single executable.

ANSIFront also works around a number of nasty bugs in the compiler,
such as the struct-element-name issue.

> Source code appears to be available (Commented disassembly for C.Comp I
> assume) for the parts except for ANSIFront which I have seen only the
> binary.

AFAIK Cato (that's his name, right?) has never released the source for
ANSIfront.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA