[Coco] Very interesting eBay find... anyone ever seen one of these kits?

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Fri May 20 13:30:40 EDT 2011

On Fri, 20 May 2011, Steve Batson wrote:

>> From a computer power standpoint and current market value, I totally agree.
> It may have some value to a serious collector or a museum where it might
> get proudly displayed or kept for later resale. For most anyone else, I
> can't see getting much enjoyment out of it sitting in a box (one in bad
> condition looking at the photos). I think for me, it would either tempt me
> to build it on a rainy day, or find a way to sell it and turn a profit down
> the road. ;)

This is a time-honored point of controversy in the classic electronics
world.  I have a "new in the box" unassembled Heath H8 in storage.  Folks
in the classic computer world have urged me to leave that way.
Fortunately, I have a second one that I acquired assembled, so it's not a
pressing issue.  Who knows whether the kit will retain value in the long
haul.

Steve