[Coco] CoCoFest Webcam, IRC, anything?

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Thu May 19 09:08:24 EDT 2011

As I pointed out in the message that you replied to, using Skype to host
a call falls apart when you have limited bandwidth.  (As in this hotel.)

That why I stated "solution is to have someone else host the Skype call
so we at the CoCofest are only a client connection.  In the past, you
and I host the call because of high bandwidth internet connections.  We
will need to find someone else to host the call with 7 mb of upload or
better running windows.  (Mac and Linux clients don't work well.)"

But the point for the CoCofest is for everyone to meet at location for
an annual get-together and not watch it on a computer screen.

To quote Boise, " Everyone on this list who considers themselves a CoCo
"nut" should make every effort to attend this event every year."

But why make effort to attend?  Sure, there are great CoCo deals. (I got
a Coco 3 for $5 last time.)  But the real reason is to really connect
with your fellow CoCo "nut".  (As in make real friends.)  This is
something you just can't do typing on a keyboard.

It been too long since I last seen my friends and that's why I'm making
the effort to attend.

Please note, I've flying out today and will not be on-line very much.

Hope to see you there.

Steve Bjork