[Coco] CoCoFest Webcam, IRC, anything?

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Thu May 19 07:26:15 EDT 2011

 > Everyone on this list who considers themselves a CoCo "nut" should
make every effort to attend this event every year.
 > Boisy G. Pitre

There is also the problem of old age, health, family and work
responsibilities on top of cost.

Eliminate all these barriers and yes, I agree whole heartedly with Boisy.

Virtual attendance can never be as good as actually being there, that's
a no brainer. But when that is simply not possible no matter who much
you want to attent, a payed admission to the "virtual stream" is the
next best thing.

Benefits:

- More money rolling in via the extra online admissions.
- Opportunity to demonstrate merchandise to people online leading to
more sales.
- Spread the CoCo spirit to more people over more countries.

I can see the benefits outweighing the detriments.

Just my humble opinion.

Nick Marentes

P.S. Kudos to Steve for going to the effort to attempt the live cam.