[Coco] CoCoFest Webcam, IRC, anything?

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Wed May 18 17:42:57 EDT 2011

With very little fanfare, we have a CoCofest this weekend!

As much as I would love to go, a $2000 flight from Australia is out of
the question for me as I'm sure is the case for a lot of people not near
the Chicago area or overseas.

Will there be a webcam or IRC line for us unfortunate ones?

Maybe a "Virtual Access Fee" could be applied to allow access to a CAM
or IRC feed? We have plenty of people in the community with the skills
to set it up and the fee could cover the costs of a 3G link or broadband
line rental at the hotel.

The CoCo community is a global community now. It has members all over
the world. Something has to be done to cater for them and encourage our
community to grow.

Nick Marentes