[Coco] Hello Aaron help dragon

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Tue May 17 12:19:30 EDT 2011

On 17/05/2011 17:07, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Darren A<mechacoco at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On 5/17/11, Phill Harvey-Smith  wrote:
> This sounds promising.  Was there ever an HDBDOS for Dragon?  I'm
> guessing not.. what would be involved in getting the bitbanger
> routines into a Dragon compatible DECBish ROM?  As I recall there are
> some differences with rom routine locations and the keyboard stuff,
> maybe more.

I have partially commented disassembilies of both the official
DragonDos, and the aftermarket SuperDos, that can be assembled using
mamou, and will produce identical binaries to those that they where
disassembled from.

These would be a good starting point for conversion, I did once have a
go at hacking DW2 to run in this environment, though using an FTDI
module to do serial over USB, this worked reasonably well, so it should
be able to be done. The CoCo 1/2 serial code should run without
modification asuming that it doesn't make any calls to the CoCo rom, and
that it initialises the PIA lines correctly.

Cheers.

Phill.