[Coco] Qualifications Committee Planed at CoCofest. Was: 6309 with a side of half cooked GIME?

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Fri May 13 11:04:45 EDT 2011

On 5/11/2011 8:51 PM, Roger Taylor wrote:
> At 06:53 PM 5/11/2011, you wrote:
>> Think CoCoFest, Roger - May 21-22.  Back to the future!

> I was so tired when I wrote that message that it looked like the time
> Steve wrote his e-mail, but I guess it's the time of the meeting he
> was talking about.

Roger,

It's quite understand since I do talk in Yoda speak from time to time.
This all started back in the early days of computing and calculators.
Since the silicon chips where small, even the basic number crunching
need tricks to get the job done.  Reverse Polish Notation was good
friend in those days.  It help keep the code size down while doing
complex computation.

Because I used it for over 15 years, I still think in Reverse Polish
Notation.  (As in the last sentence.)  It's a bad habit that I'm trying
to shake.

A better way  to write the message and without Reverse Polish Notation ...

The Qualifications Committee will meet at 8:00 PM on Friday May 20th
2011 in the CoCofest Hotel's lounge to hammer down the details.  (Along
with a few drinks.)

This is your chance to add your input on the new guidelines.

Steve