[Coco] CoCo Emulator on Netbook?

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Wed May 11 16:18:58 EDT 2011

 > I've got my re-pack here at work. Everyone is stunned by how fast it
boots.
 > It'll even boot to NitrOS-9 before my XP & 7 PC's finish booting.

I thought my Amiga boots fast in 8 seconds...

RS-DOS doesn't give me time to pick up my coffee mug!!

I am seeing an interesting trend in the industry towards these tablets
and smartphones. The greater community is getting accustomed to computer
devices that boot almost instantly and kudos to Apple for being one of
the larger companies leading the charge.

The iPad is a good product that seems to hark back to some of the old
technologies of days gone by. No big over bloated OS and the almost
instant power up.

Apple have made all other manufacturers stand up and take note, forcing
them to release devices and modify their OS's to match.

I'm not an Apple evangelist but one has to give them credit in this.

I still prefer RS-DOS.  :)

(kidding!)