[Coco] Booting the supplied NitrOS-9 HDD on VCC

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Sun May 8 21:15:56 EDT 2011

Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this line in my posting was my attempt to convey that I had done that:
>
>>> I can do a "DIR 255" and get a file listing as well as "DIR 254".
>
> I am coming to the conclusion that disk 255 is not prepared properly.
>
> This supplied vhd should be pulled IMHO.
>
> SHF

Steven,

The VCC site seems to be down so I can't check the .vhd disk supplied on the
site. There is probably something wrong in the documentation as to the location
of the boot disk.
I suggest that you do a DIR250TO255 and see what results. You should either get
a message on one of these directories that it is an OS-9 boot or will get a
scrambled directory typical of an OS-9 disk.

Once found just try DOS# where # is the disk you found.

Robert