[Coco] CoCo Hardware License Re: eBay madness?

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Sun May 8 17:13:23 EDT 2011

You could always build your own digital to analog joystick interface for
less than $10.

Yes, I know not everyone could build their own.  But maybe that should
be your test on your hardware skills?  I watch too many CoCo users open
up a CoCo and only to make things a lot worse.  Maybe you need a License
before you work on a CoCo?

Hear me out.  HAMs are another hobbyist group (and FCC) that require a
license to get on the air.  They do this so everyone knows how share the
air waves without causing problems.  As part of this, you need the
skills to keep the equipment in tune and running well.

Well, License idea maybe a bit too strong.  But we should come with a
few guidelines for our fellow CoCo users on what hardware skills are
needed for taking on a hardware task on our beloved Coco.

After all, there are very few WORKING CoCos left out in the wild.

Be it real or joking, let's hear your guidelines.

Steve (Hi-Res Joystick Interface) Bjork