[Coco] New section TRS-80-coco book, magazine and programs

Dean Leiber adit at nationsdial.com
Fri May 6 05:45:21 EDT 2011

On May 6, 2011, at 1:52 AM, Rogelio Perea wrote:

> Luis, if you read the note on
> http://www.trs-80.com/wordpress/manuals-hardware/ you will know why
> Ira
> doesn't have the books downloads on his site. Last I knew, and this
> brought
> up quite a discussion a while ago, no amount of asking for
> permission will
> change that. It is what it is.

I gave him copies of an early version of the CoCo/OS-9 archive for
his site (that's
where a lot of the CoCo stuff on there comes from) but since he decided
to keep it all locked away I refuse to send him any more updates.
After all, its not
like providing him anything will help preserve the information.
Personally, I'm surprised
that the site even exists at all anymore and I'm willing to bet that
anything he has
accumulated will never again see the light of day. Some people are
just like that;Anybody
who scanned in stuff for him is probably very disillusioned with the
whole situation.
That's why I always encouraged spreading the contents of the CoCo/
OS-9 archive around
as much as possible. Don't bother with Ira...life is too short as it
is is.

Dean