[Coco] Phoenix IDE - Ubuntu 10.04 under Wine

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu May 5 22:46:09 EDT 2011

At 10:34 AM 5/5/2011, you wrote:
>Roger:
>
>I wasn't meaning to imply you should give your source code away; I
>already know you won't (and probably can't, given the other
>commercial stuff you use to make it?). I thus had to fall back to
>Wine - I don't have a copy of XP, nor will I purchase one (until I
>get that apology) - so I can't use a VM or anything like that, either.

Actually, I've got a long history of giving away most of my once-sold
stuff including the source code, so it's not like I would never,
ever, give away the source to Pheonix, but I actually Can't because
the components would require the other person to purchase up to $1000
in components just to get it to compile.  This is how things work
when you develop software for a living.

>So I tried with Wine; personally, your stuff seemed to install fine
>- but it (Wine) complained about not having .NET installed (what
>version are you using, btw?) - so I tried installing - and that's
>where it all fell down.

I doubt .NET can be installed inside of Wine, because Wine is not the
Windows Operating System.  It's an API translator/emulator.  Phoenix
requires .NET 3.5 or above.

--
~ Roger Taylor