[Coco] CoCo versus the rest of them

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Mon May 2 09:37:03 EDT 2011

On Mon, 2 May 2011, Brian Blake wrote:

> On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Steven Hirsch <snhirsch at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I'm going to guess that the price will make one's head spin off
>> counterclockwise, however.
>

> There's probably more truth to that than anyone realizes.

If I had to make a SWAG at the costs, I'd expect the bare board to be >
$1k US.  Would guess that there's software licensing on top of that.

> I've never used an
> Amiga - could never afford one and I doubt this will change anytime soon...

You may be surprised.  Certainly, A3000 and 4000s are through the roof
(although I'm lucky enough to have found one of each - A4000 had
major-league battery leakage damage.  Repair was a story in itself).

But, A2000s are still relatively cheap and plentiful.

Steve