[Coco] Smoothest CoCo development ever

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun May 1 00:08:00 EDT 2011

The same seamless experience you enjoy in Portal-9 and Rainbow now
goes much further in Phoenix.

For the first time that I'm aware of, all steps of development of a
small or massive CoCo game or app can now be done on your PC and
"deposited" to your CoCo as a live virtual floppy disk (up to 4
disks) for immediate real machine testing.  What I mean is you'll be
able to go from a source code project to the CoCo seeing the final
product all in one click.

To help make this happen, an update has been made to the CoCoNet
server to allow command line arguments to override the settings in
your .ini file.  Some of the settings that are prompted for after
launching will show the default (what's in the .ini file) and if you
hit ENTER it will use the default values.  If you use command
arguments for a setting that has a prompt, no prompt will appear
meaning you can launch CoCoNet now from a GUI or IDE and go straight
into the running server with disks mounted and everything.

Phoenix added CoCoNet support as of tonight.  When you build a
project that results in one or more virtual disks (.dsk) with your
programs/files on them, you can launch CoCoNet automatically with
those disks mounted.  Your CoCo will see the "live" virtual floppies
if it's running the CoCoNet/Disk BASIC ROM and you have a serial link.

I should have a new installer for Phoenix by tomorrow which includes
the latest CoCoNet server built in.
--
~ Roger Taylor