[Coco] On topic and related to a wannabe Glory boy(Video Player)

Manny manney at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 13:47:41 EDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-03-19 at 20:07 -0500, Sean wrote:

> I could tell Steve wasn't insulting the programmer.  He was insulting
> the ability of the CoCo.

But why even insult the CoCo because of it's limitations?  A distinct
majority of us here already know that the CoCo is limited in what it can
do due to the technology's age.  I mean seriously, I do tend to agree
with Briza in that anyone that has a good idea for the CoCo that shows
what it's capable of shouldn't have to read discouraging posts about the
hobby of making this old machine do things that we never would have
thought possible (even with the aid of newer technology, be it an item
from Mark or a PC.)  I'm not saying that we shouldn't have
_constructive_ criticism because that can only improve the item if used
properly.

Yeah, Steve might have a point about not spending too much money.  But
on the other hand, how many people do you know that have spent
*thousands* on their hobby, be it antique toy trains to be played with
or miniature figurines that no one ever touches.  The CoCo is as much a
hobby or something to collect as these other items.  So who is to say
that an item that is hundreds of dollars it too much money?  (Unless you
are like me and strapped for cash!  Then you have your wife breathing
down your neck when she sees you on Ebay...)

-M.