[Coco] CoCo Video Player

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Thu Mar 17 13:33:45 EDT 2011

I have to agre with Mark on this one.

 > Being a hardware guy, the hardware sets the pace for the software.
Software
 > can be good or bad but if the hardware does not support the cool features
 >  which the software is pushing, then NONE of it would be possible.
Another
 > way to look at it is that the software can only make the hardware
goes as fast
 > as it was designed in a optimized environment. If it was up to the
software,
 > the CoCo would be running at 100GHZ today...... :)

You can do a lot in software but the hardware provides the means.

For example, the video project is quite amazing what it is doing on the
hardware the CoCo provides but as Steve implies, it's not something I
would want to watch a movie from.

Now, if there was some hardware acceleration inluded by an add-on, such
as a harware decoder or a 256 color mode... then software can be written
to take advantage of the new capabilties and improved video output could
be achieved.

As I said, impressive software, but you can only do so much in software.

Nick