[Coco] CoCo Video Player

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed Mar 16 16:53:42 EDT 2011

At 03:10 PM 3/16/2011, you wrote:
>Ouch!  Well as I said, it never quite performed like I would have
>liked... :-)
>
>You can see Allen's videos on YouTube:
>
>         http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFY-52qZzP8
>
>         http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3yY4mFLjDM
>
>It's not HD by any means. :-)  But still, I think it ain't all that
>bad, considerin'...
>
>John

John, you deserve major credit and recognition for even attempting to
do video!  And to have Star Wars playing on the CoCo is even
better.  We know the CoCo can't become a portable DVD player or even
match the quality, but that's not what this is about.  We have taken
a 1983 design and applied modern thinking to the same hardware, and
we keep getting these cool tricks that were impossible back in the 80's.

It proves that software is more powerful than hardware.  ;)

--
~ Roger Taylor