[Coco] Will this build-your-own s-video board work for CoCo 3?

Richard E. Crisilip rcrislip at neo.rr.com
Wed Mar 9 21:35:02 EST 2011

On Tuesday 08 March 2011 22:47:05 Blake Patterson wrote:
> But, doesn't the CoCo 3 wire straight into a 1084? From what I've read
> it just works on that screen. Wouldn't that mean it's the same signal
> type of the Amiga?
>
> Thanks.
>
> (I can't go straight to a 1084 with a properly wired simple cable, then?)
>

> bp
>
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 10:29 PM, Steve Bjork <6809er at srbsoftware.com> wrote:
> > Not without a circuit to convert H & V syncs of the CoCo 3 to one sync
> > like on the Amiga.
> > Better to stay with a RGB  converter that been designed for the CoCo 3.
> >
> > On 3/8/2011 6:25 PM, Blake Patterson wrote:
> >> I recently acquired a CoCo 3 and want s-video (or component) output.
> >> I saw this a while ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDP8cvIXtFY
> >> Will the mentioned Neobitz board work if I wire the Coco 3 to it?
> >> http://neobitz.com/Pages/Mods/SystemMods.aspx
> >> Thanks.
> >> bp
> >
> > --

Hello

Steve and Gene are much more experienced and knowledgable than I, but having
said that, it seems there were 1084 monitors and then there were 1084
monitors. I had a 1084s (stereo) that came with the DB23/DIN interface cable.
That monitor work great with my CoCo3. No alterations required. It look
exactly like the Magavox Professinal monitor I currently run on both machines.
BTW, my Amiga came from Gene 8-). Now Commodore sold another monitor they
called 1084 that had a more rounded case and used a DB23/DB9 interface cable.
That monitor is the one (as I understand it) ithat require synch magic to be
done in order to use it with the CoCO3.