[Coco] Will this build-your-own s-video board work for CoCo 3?

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Wed Mar 9 09:38:02 EST 2011

The Neobitz board is not a line doubler.  (Line doubling is need for VGA
output.)  The outputs are Video, S-Video and component and all work 60 HZ.

As Christopher points out, it's the same chip that's on his board.  But
the HawkSoft RGB to S-Video adapter is design to work with the CoCo 3
and has circuitry to correct for the problem that causes the left few
characters in 80 column mode to be cut off.

I'm sure Christopher will add more to this subject when he gets home
tonight. (Hopefully, with a price and address to buy one of his S-Video
adapter.)

I wonder if there is a hack to get component video out of the HawkSoft
adapter?  I could use that for recording CoCo Hi-Res RGB screens on my PC.

Steve (Zaxxon) Bjork