[Coco] Question about DriveWire 4 and MESS

Rick Taylor coder32768 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 12:42:01 EST 2011

I think I'm going to give this a shot under linux, it seems the easier route.

Another question:

I am also trying to get the physical CoCo I have (as well as the
virtual CoCo under MESS) to talk to the PC. I *think* I have this
cable right, but I am getting where I do a DIR 0 and it waits a second
or so and then returns an ?IO Error.

I think the cable is correct because the last time I fooled with this,
(which has been a little while), I seem to remember being able to have
the OS/9 shell up and running on the serial port and access it from
the PC. I'm going to verify this. But I'm wondering if the cable is
too long for higher speeds - it's about 6 feet long. I read somewhere
that 11 inches was more ideal. Thoughts?

Also I'd be willing to pay money for a known good drivewire cable and
a cassette cable. I'm not good at building such things, unfortunately.