[Coco] Drive Pak update

Roger Taylor taylor at newfoal.com
Thu Jun 30 23:06:39 EDT 2011

MicroSD Drive Pak update:

50 more boards were ordered tonight and will be ready in two weeks +
2 days shipping.  I could have ordered using their 2 day express
service but the cost was $200+ more.  The cases should also be here
in two weeks.

So... please hold off asking me anything during this time, as I have
nothing to do but wait on these parts.  When they arrive, I will be
cranking out the back orders up to 2 a day.

When I'm caught up I will look into producing more paks but I'll
stockpile the key parts this time and prebuild before selling too far
ahead of building them.

Also, the CoCoNet ROM will soon support the Drive Pak using two
address configurations to allow two paks to be used at once, or one
pak being either a USB or wireless Drive Pak.  In other words, the
CoCoNet server will soon support the MicroSD Drive Pak protocol, so
the partition and virtual disk scheme can be used on any "Drive Pak"
..  (wireless Drive Pak, USB Drive Pak, MicroSD Drive Pak, RS-232 Pak
Drive Pak), or bitbanger cable Drive Pak (a ROM Pak and a cable).

--
~ Roger Taylor