[Coco] os-9

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 04:31:21 EDT 2011

I checked the disks at http://www.nitros9.org/latest/
No single sided disks for coco 3.  You could likely generate some from
the source tree, but maybe you can use double sided and just need to
know how to create them?  I wasn't sure from your post.

Copying a disk using DriveWire 4 is simple, you just need to do a
sector by sector copy from one disk to the other.  In HDBDOS you can
do this using the BACKUP command.  I do not know if this would copy an
OS9 disk properly, or if there is an equivalent command in NitrOS9..
actually i've wondered about that before.  Seems it would an easy
enough thing to write if it doesn't already exist... read sector 0,
write sector 0, increment, repeat, die on EOF etc.

Well maybe that helped, or at least jarred someone's memory.. anybody
got an OS9 sector copy tool?
-Aaron