[Coco] VCF Southwest

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Fri Jun 24 22:55:28 EDT 2011

At 08:09 PM 6/24/2011, you wrote:
>On Friday, June 24, 2011 09:04:39 PM Boisy G. Pitre did opine:
>
> > I'm thinking of going to this event... anybody else nearby game on
> > coming and sharing a booth with me?
> >
> > http://mit-a.com/VCF2.shtml
>
>I'll pass.  The last time I was in TX, it was open season on out of state
>plates.  Not by the fuzz, but by the guys who stage a minor accident, then

haha!! It's open season here for in-state plates as well!  We have
the rudest drivers anywhere in the country.  I've seen 70 year old
grandmas fly around me doing 90 in a 70 because I was only doing
75.  I had a woman and her child the other day fly up behind me while
I was waiting to turn left into the school road, I had a car coming
towards me so it's not like I could just turn and hit them.  The lady
hit her brakes right at my bumper and started throwing her hands in
the hair and I saw her lips say "WHAT???" and he had a questioned
look on her face.  So I put my window down and yelled, I'm trying to
turn LEFT <---- LEFT!! and pointed my arm to the left and waved it
around a bit.  She was on a cell phone.  Driving for UPS is even
worse.  The extreme red necks (I'm just a regular one, mind you),
will try to drag race you from the red lights and put you in a
serious cloud of black diesel soot.  East Texas.  When I first moved
here my first words were, "you gotta be kidding me!"

If you come through this area on I-20, just turn your rearview mirror
to one side so you can't see through it.  Pan your side mirrors out
just enough so you can't see the pickup trucks behind you that will
certainly give you hell during your entire I-20 experience.  You can
make it if you ignore the road hate.

--
~ Roger Taylor