[Coco] using /ddr0 as default (not boot) drive

Vanderberg Family vanderfamily at peoplepc.com
Fri Jun 24 08:27:37 EDT 2011

-----Original Message-----

No, although I will look into that.  I first tried ded about 4 days ago so I am very dangerous :)
Also, I noticed that in init or sysgo (?) the DD had the high bit set and the other didn't or something like that.  Only saying I really do not know enough yet about it to know where I might be causing my own problem.  That being said, just reformat disk & start over, huh?

What I was doing was more in line with your earlier post.  I was building a new boot disk on /d0 that would use the stock /ddr0_192k.dd rather than the normal /ddd0_80d.dd(sp)for the default drive.  I reasoned that you use /ddd0 for default on /d0, and /ddh0 for default on hard drive so you should use /ddr0 for default ram drive.

So all I did was copy your standard.bl and comment/uncomment to fit my hardware and normal /ddd0 descriptor and normal ram drive.
Genned a boot disk & tested it.  Everything worked just as you would expect.  Default was /d0 and /r0 worked fine.
Then I commented the /ddd0 and uncommented the /ddr0 descriptors, genned a boot disk and tested it.
The boot failed with the same error code >>>   Pipe Clock Clock2 i2xtot*g
Was there something else I should have done in addition?

If it just won't work I will do as you suggested.  As has been suggested, I could also try modding help and error to ref /r0.  In any case, I am very happy with the way it works, just miss having help and error (just added p3 and love it - I can rip down all of these post-it notes).  And I get tired of finding a disk to type help or error and wait.  I just want it all.  My wife taught me <big grin>
And I am still waiting for someone who hasn't been on for a few days to read it and say "Oh, I did that when I was 10.  It's easy, here'e how..."

Thank you for looking into this for me.  Nice picture of the horse and crew.  Which one are you?
Ed