[Coco] uses for a coco 1/2?

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 08:21:28 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 2:04 PM, John W. Linville wrote:

Topic for discussion -- if you already have a working coco3, what
> are good uses for a coco 1 or 2?

Home... my F board still gets used from time to time to do some minor X10
programming duties.

Music... the occasional session with Orchestra 90cc, midi experiments (just
for the geek factor of it).

Gaming... some of the good games for the CoCo 1/2 only play well in the CoCo
1/2, bottom line.

Programming... revisit early BASIC code, tinker, update. DL Logo and DEFT
Pascal also get use from time to time.

Last Christmas season I pushed a gray CoCo 1 to music duties under my Tree,
it was kind of a hit with neighbors and visiting friends. This year I will
do it again and will need to recruit another CoCo 1 to do the graphics part
of the display - there is a video on YT, browse with "retro-computing xmas
tree", first one on the search results :-)

Will most likely do a spooky graphics window display with the CoCo for
Halloween this year, already have a nice LCD that I can stick to the front
window at home. Boo!

All in all, I don't see my CoCo 1 & 2s retiring any time soon.

-- RP