[Coco] uses for a coco 1/2?

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 00:33:14 EDT 2011

This came up a little bit in the coco conference.  APRS/packet is
popular, and a coco 2 should be able to act as a packet node just
fine.  You could probably decode weather fax transmissions on HF with
the right software, not sure if it exists.  You might even be able to
use a coco 2 as a controller for PSK31 or other digital modes, the
throughput on most of them is not outside the realm of a coco 2 to
manage.  And, I suppose you could use the coco 2 as a dedicated
logbook computer, although probably better ways to do that.