[Coco] Apple 2 Plus

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jun 22 19:16:46 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, June 22, 2011 06:59:00 PM Steven Hirsch did opine:

> On Wed, 22 Jun 2011, gene heskett wrote:
> > One used to be able to get ebay to spit out what the item has sold for
> > in the past, but its not obvious how to do that today.
>
> If you are signed in, "Advanced Search" has a checkbox for completed
> auctions.  The history is not very deep, unfortunately.

I haven't signed in to fleabay in 3 or 4 years, ever since they were AH's
and refused to put me in touch with the seller of a scsi card I needed to
put a Leitch commercial server back on the air at the KREX/KREY/KREZ/UPN53
complex in Grand Junction CO. where I was the temporary CE for a few
months, the lack of which meant we were sitting in black during what was
actually commercial time already sold.  It wasn't until I threatened to sue
for the lost income of about 20G's a day for the two stations that server
served that they were costing us that they finally decided to kick it up to
the next layer of management, who listened to my story with an open mind
and finally OK'ed giving me the sellers email addy so I could complete the
deal.

The problem?  While I was logging in using my home user name & password, I
was 3000 miles west using a different ISP and that set off all their
paranoid little red warning lights.  We battled over that, after I had
'won' the bid, for 3 days, by which time the smoke coming out of my ears
whenever I called them, could be smelled another 1500 miles west at fleabay
HQ.

I have not willingly used fleabay since.

> ISTR that there are 3rd-Party sites that automagically sweep eBay for
> completed auction prices and aggregate them.

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Hanson's Treatment of Time:
	There are never enough hours in a day, but always too many days
	before Saturday.