[Coco] Need help using ram drive as default drive

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Wed Jun 22 08:30:28 EDT 2011

Robert/Ed,

I read the posts subsequent to my initial post.  Yes, by using a RAM disk, data persists as long as the CoCo is not turned completely off, in which case, the process of copying all needed files to the RAM disk must be done again.

Assuming your RAM disk was volatile, or that you didn't mind copying files each time you rebooted, you would need, as Robert indicated, to use the ram disk booter.

Ed, I highly suggest that you abandon the use of cobbler and look at Disk 2 of the NitrOS-9 disk set.  It has scripts to all the work of creating a track file and a boot file, and your customization can be done there.  For starters, see this link:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/nitros9/index.php?title=Getting_Started_with_NitrOS-9#Customizing_Your_System

It explains how to customize your system using this scripting process.

--
Boisy G. Pitre
http://www.tee-boy.com/