[Coco] Remembering the Deluxe Color Computer....

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Sat Jun 18 19:29:49 EDT 2011

I've trying to write down the story behind the never released Tandy's
Deluxe Color Computer.  It almost hit the market with a one picture left
in a Radio Shack catalog.  (The computer was removed just before going
to print.)  The story from Tandy the Deluxe computer was dropped because
of a limited supply on one or parts also used in the CoCo 2.

Even after having one for a short while, some of the details of unit are
getting a bit fuzzy now a days.

Anyway, I remember the Deluxe CoCo having a true Double speed mode, real
RS-232 port with UART, Sound Chip and RAM drive.  While it used the same
graphics system, there was a bit that "shift" the colors for a new color
palette.

Was the memory size on the it 64k or 128k and did it have any memory paging?

Do you remember anything else about the Deluxe Color Computer?

Thanks!

Steve
P.S. All those keyboards that Radio Shack stores sold are parts from the
Deluxe CoCo first run.