[Coco] XBMUTILS upload

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Jun 15 19:08:37 EDT 2011

In my grand tradition of coming up with OS-9 programs that NOBODY else
uses... :-)

I have uploaded http:/www.sdc.org/~goosey/os9/xbmutils.lzh and
http://www.sdc.org/~goosey/os9/xbmsos9.lzh

XBMUTILS!

These utils deal with graphics files from X-Windows in XBM format.

XBM files are monochrome bitmap images stored as fragments of C source.
They are normally fairly small (by UNIX standards) and are mostly
used for icons.

The included utilities are:
xbmview:  display an XBM on a CoCo3 Windint screen
xbmhard:  display a hard-coded xbm the way X programs usually use
          XBM files (source only, for example)
xbm2vef:  Convert an XBM into a monochrome VEF
xbm2icon: Convert a small (<= 24x24) XBM into a Gshell icon
xbm2clp:  Convert an XBM into a monochrom CLP
vef2xbm:  Convert a monochrome VEF into an XBM
clp2xbm:  Convert a monochrome CLP into an XBM
gpb2xbm:  Convert a GPLOAD file into XBM files

Note that xbm2vef and vef2xbm can only deal with unsqueezed VEF files.

Also, None of these utilities can convert or display XBM images that
are larger than 640x200.

The core of these utilities are a pair of functions from the MIT X
Windows source.  The original source for these is included as mitxbm.lzh
for amusement and reference.

A sampling of XBM images will be available in a seperate archive
(xbmsos9.lzh), or  consult include/X11/bitmaps on any X-Windows
machine.  Note that XBM files are ASCII and will probably require EOL
conversion to use under OS-9.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA