[Coco] [Color Computer] Help for a CoCoNut

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 16:33:17 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Brian Blake <random.rodder at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Mike Craig <mdcmike at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>> Actually, here is the similar product I had in mind when I posted that:
>> http://www.atarimax.com/colecosd/documentation/index.html
>>
>> And I did pay $130 for it. :-)
>>

> Hi Mike,
>
> I've seen this before, it's a cool device. I don't own one, and I can't say
> it is or isn't in the same league as the DrivePak.
>
> What I can say about the DrivePak is, while it may not be the fastest CoCo
> storage device out there, I feel it's the most flexible. Unless you are
>
> While some may view this as an endorsement of one product over another, it
> is not. I own them both, like them both, and use them both.

I incorrectly assumed that Mike was talking about the other CoCo
specific controller that allows you to connect SD cards, CF, IDE etc.

I have some thoughts about your post, but I think that now is not the
time to bring them up.  After all, this thread is titled "Help for a
CoCoNut" and I think that is a noble cause regardless of the rest.

I have been compiling a side by side comparison chart showing the
various features and performance of different options available for
doing the types of things you mention, and in time I will post it
somewhere.  Should be good fun :)  But that is for another day.