[Coco] Boring Again!

Steve Bjork 6809er at srbsoftware.com
Fri Jun 10 06:57:49 EDT 2011

While I did not grow-up in Silicon Valley, I still lived in California.
I will drive up there to attend the Home-brew and later the first few
West Coast Computer Fairs.  (I think the second fair was down near me in
L.A.)

Anyway, I would see the Woz in the back of the room (near one the few
power outlets) with some gadget like his T.V. killer or joke of the day
answering machine.  But one day, he had a circuit board mounted on a bit
of unassuming scrap wood.  It was hooked up to a small 5" or so monitor
and a keyboard.  It was neat to see Steve power up the device and able
to type in commands without loading paper tape first.

This little computer that Steve Wozniak made in this spare time while
working at HP would go on to start a computer empire with the help of
another Steve.

If I only taken a picture of it.  But the first time I tried to a
picture I was almost booted out of the meeting.  No one want to have on
record that they were there or what they were up to in fear of their
bosses finding out.  But isn't that how all revolutions start out?

I stop doing the drive up to the Home-brew by 1979 when busy running
Computer Light and Sound, my first computer company.  I'm not sure if my
visits over lap yours.  When did you start attending?

Steve