[Coco] [Color Computer] Radio Shack TRS-80 Color Computer 3 III | eBay | Winning bid: US $597.00

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jun 8 17:57:22 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, June 08, 2011 05:47:06 PM Jan Vanden Bossche did opine:

> Highly unlikely. Looks like a orchestrated bidding.
>
> " 25% of your winning price goes to Susan G. Komen for the Cure-Global
> Headquarters so please consider being generous in your bidding! "
>
> What's the meaning of that ?

Susan B. Komen was I take it, a bit of a celebrated person at Mylan Labs, a
drug research house in Morgantown WV.  She died of cancer several years
ago, and this fund was named after her, and the monies go to support cancer
research.  They do things like this, and they also have a pro-am golf
tournament with a pretty decent purse that manages to raise about 2
million.  ISTR there is a poker run annually, and much of the proceeds of
that go into this fund.  Ditto for Walks for the Cure, which they scatter
about the region quite a few times a year.  But I sold my last rice burning
sled about 10 years ago before my slowed reflexes got me killed, so I don't
go play poker anymore.

It is, IMO, a worthy cause.