[Coco] Toolshed help

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 09:59:22 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 9:51 AM, gene heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 08, 2011 09:45:40 AM gene heskett did opine:
>> Hmm, now I am finding DW isn't working, can't find the rxtx libraries.
>> I did have it working, but my customizations must have become moot in
>> an upgrade since pclos is a rolling update release.  Asking for advice
>> on that forum.
>
> So far, no answer, so I copied the librxtxSerial.so to
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-sun-1.6.0.25/jre/lib/i386
>
> And while there is a slight version clash warning on dwstart, its working
> again.

that warning can almost always be safely ignored.  rxtx on linux seems
to range from very simple (included in standard installation) to sort
of a PITA (not even available via a package manager) depending on the
distribution.  however, copying the .so into java's lib path will work
on anything, provided you can figure out where that is :)