[Coco] Toolshed help

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jun 8 08:28:34 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, June 08, 2011 07:30:36 AM Mike Rowen did opine:

> Using "os9 format -t40 -ds -e 40ds.dsk" creates the correct sized disk.
> I was not specifying the double sided option. So this creates a disk
> that is equivalent in size and format to my floppy. When I specify a
> filename in DW3 to create a new disk, the 0 size file is created. When
> I format this disk with "format /x1", it creates a 4MB image (18,432
> sectors, 1024 cylinders).
>
> I tried doing a backup from /d0 to /x1 using the image I created with
> the os9 command. About 3/4 of the way through it starts to generate
> #247 errors when it hits sector $05A0 and above. I have no trouble
> backing up /d0 to /d1 though.
>
> -Mike

Sector $5A0=1440 sectors=a 40T ds disk.  Your /d0 thinks its bigger than
that for some reason.  What does "dmode /d0" return?

Hmm, now I am finding DW isn't working, can't find the rxtx libraries.  I
did have it working, but my customizations must have become moot in an
upgrade since pclos is a rolling update release.  Asking for advice on that
forum.

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
The only thing better than love is milk.