[Coco] Toolshed help

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Jun 7 22:42:32 EDT 2011

Mike Rowen wrote:
> I want to copy /d0 to /x1 via drivewire 3. However, I can't seem to create a
> /x1 image with the same format as /d0.
>
> I've been creating my dsk file using the os9 command that is part of
> toolshed:
>
> os9 format -4 -t40 mydisk.dsk
>
> However this appears to be larger than a normal floppy. What am I missing
> here?
>
> Thanks,
> -Mike

First, there should not be any need to use os9.exe to create the disk as the
Drivewire server will do that for you. Just mount a non-existent file name in
the server and then format /x1 while running NitrOS-9 on your Coco. Just
remember to force format to create an /x1 equal in size to your /d0 disk. The
default for /x1 is $400 tracks.

Regards the Toolshed os9.exe, what is the format of the /d0 disk which you are
trying to match? You can get that with the command:
free /x1