[Coco] MAKE_TK.lzh has a bad case of Y2K.

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jun 1 04:43:29 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, June 01, 2011 04:29:40 AM Willard Goosey did opine:

> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 10:16:28PM -0700, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> > I have moved on and this is a busy week.
> > This looks like the makefile that caused the "STACK OVERFLOW".
>
> Hokay, I finally got make_tk to fail with a STACK OVERFLOW.
>
> Using make's debug option "-d" requires extra memory or it'll clobber
> its stack.  make #8K -d seems to be enough, at least for archive's
> makefile.
>
> And yes, the timestamp printouts could use a little doctoring, 111/5/31
> isn't quite right... ;-)
>
> The code that checks for dependency loops must use a little more space
> than was planned for.
>
> Willard

The stack overflow problem s/b curable using one of vfy's options.
See the -ud option when you just type 'vfy'.  Here is what I get here:

{t2|07}/DD/NITROS9/dw3install/6309L2/SCRIPTS:vfy /dd/cmds/make
Length of file: $00003D51

Module found at offset $00000000 in this file
Header for    : make
Header parity : $45 (good)
Module size   : $3D51
Edition       : $03
Ty/La At/Rv   : $11   $80
Program module, 6809 object, Re-enterable, R/O
Exec. off     : $003D
Data Size     : $4828
Module CRC is : $CBF3C6 (good)

Bytes read    : $00003D51

Since I may have already fixed the data size, go by the module size to see
it that it TK's make.  Fixing the data size would obviously mung the crc.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)