[Coco] Mouse for NitrOS-9

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Jul 28 14:06:21 EDT 2011

On Thursday, July 28, 2011 01:50:13 PM Becker, Gary did opine:

> >>On Thursday, July 28, 2011 06:20:18 AM Becker, Gary did opine:
> >> Does anyone use a mouse with NitrOS-9? Specifically one of the daily
> >> build versions 3.2.9 with a serial mouse. I have been trying to get a
> >> microsoft serial mouse to work but the system fails to boot when I
> >> use the joydrv_6551m driver. If I use the official version 3.2.8, it
> >> boots correctly and works like it should.
> >>
> >> Gary Becker
> >
> >I worked on joydrv_6551l driver a couple of years ago, and it now inits
> >itself in the logitech mode, but switches to the M$ mode the first time
> >it sees an M$ exclusive packet from the mouse. Up to that point both
> >protocols are identical. My version works with the piggy backed 2nd
> >deluxe rs232 pack port, but you can set the 6551's address anyplace
> >that is clear for use.
>
> You help me with this a couple of years ago. I still have your source
> for edition 9 dated 01/07/2008. I have not tried this version to see if
> I can get it working. I will do that this morning. Are you running this
> drivers with 3.2.9?

I believe that is not the one.  The coco is down ATM, playing with a video
converter drive circuit so I can't give you the size & crc of the sb
module.

But I just moved the most recent src file to the Genes-os9-stf link on my
web page.  There are some tweaks in L51.defs too, so it is also posted
there.

<http://gene.homelinux.net:85/gene/Genes-os9-stf/> should get you there,
yelp if problems

This stuff builds ok on linux using the latest toolshed tools.

If I ever get Quartus 11 installed, I would like a copy of your latest for
the DE1 board, but first I have to fix my libxml2.so, its missing the
gzdirect call and the quartus installer bails with lots of mewling about
it.

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Littering is dumb.