[Coco] New thread, cga-rgb->vga convertor GBS-8220

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 12:36:13 EDT 2011

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011, Mark McDougall wrote:

> My ex-boss worked on programmable logic devices in the late 90's, and he told
> me that a lot of his compiles were over-night affairs! :O

It was even more fun in the 80s.  I remember talking to one of the
engineers who worked on the Apple IIgs "TransWarp" accelerator, which was
one of the first microcomputer parts I ever saw with a Xilinx FPGA.  They
rented time on a VAX to generate the bitstream since there was little to
nothing available for PC that could do the job - at least not in a
reasonable amount of time.

Steve