[Coco] Mouse for NitrOS-9

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Jul 28 06:26:57 EDT 2011

On Thursday, July 28, 2011 06:20:18 AM Becker, Gary did opine:

> Does anyone use a mouse with NitrOS-9? Specifically one of the daily
> build versions 3.2.9 with a serial mouse. I have been trying to get a
> microsoft serial mouse to work but the system fails to boot when I use
> the joydrv_6551m driver. If I use the official version 3.2.8, it boots
> correctly and works like it should.
>
> Gary Becker

I worked on joydrv_6551l driver a couple of years ago, and it now inits
itself in the logitech mode, but switches to the M$ mode the first time it
sees an M$ exclusive packet from the mouse.  Up to that point both
protocols are identical.  My version works with the piggy backed 2nd deluxe
rs232 pack port, but you can set the 6551's address anyplace that is clear
for use.

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
You will forget that you ever knew me.