[Coco] CF and SD life expectancy

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Jul 27 22:45:58 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:16:38 PM Mark McDougall did opine:

> On 28/07/2011 12:01 PM, gene heskett wrote:
> > Its one he knows he
> > can't win now that I'm officially retired too, but we can sure make
> > lots of noise over nothing worth yelling about other than general
> > principles.
>
> I get the distinct impression, from reading your posts over the years,
> that you are what people would describe as "a colourful character"! :)

Chuckle, yeah I suppose casual observers would reach a similar conclusion.

I have been known to call a spade by other names, or tell high priced,
papered engineers whose hands obviously didn't fit the tools, that they
were genetically idiots.

I mean what else can you call one who uses a spare nand gate as an inverter
and doesn't either drive both inputs for slightly improved rise & fall
times, or at least tie the unused input high?  That one, because he left it
floating made an extremely hard to trace intermittent video problem in a
station ID video generator.  Took me about 5 years because other stuff kept
having a higher priority.  When I did find it, and that was the one piece
of gear that I actually had sent them to fix (they didn't find anything
wrong) and when I did find it and fix it, the next thing I did was to look
that persons name up on the prints, call them and ask to talk to him.  I
explained his genetics in an extensive vocabulary of mostly 4 letter words,
asking for a thousand dollar bill for all the time I had wasted looking for
it 2-3 hour pieces at a time because he was an idiot.  Occasionally highly
profane when I am busy fixing their screw ups, that was one of those times.

Nothing else except a card or two out of an STL receiver ever left the
house to be fixed, I am a to the bad component troubleshooter, a decent
mechanic, welder, machinist, even claiming to be a JOAT once or twice.  Now
doing woodworking (furniture mostly) to keep me out of the bars in my
dotage.

Slowing now with the years & the aches & pains, too many of them and that's
what happens, but it has always been a mostly great and interesting trip.

> Regards,

Cheers, gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
"The value of marriage is not that adults produce children, but that
children
produce adults."
-- Peter De Vries